Commercial Carpet Cleaning
At Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT, we pioneered the hot-water extraction method, which works to remove soil, bacteria and debris from deep within carpet fibers without damaging your carpet. Other companies may use shampoos or harsh detergents that can leave behind a residue. Our process thoroughly cleans your carpet from the base of the fiber up, leaving it looking fresh and rejuvenated, while keeping your manufacturer warranty intact.
We also recommend DuPont™ Teflon® Advanced Carpet Protector be applied after every cleaning. Be sure to ask our certified carpet cleaning professional about its advantages.
Benefits of Professional Carpet Cleaning
While regular vacuuming will help to keep your carpets clean, it is largely ineffective at removing dirt caused by spills, as well as cleaning the underlying surface. For high-pile carpets, vacuuming is even less effective. Additionally, everyday vacuum cleaners are rarely powerful enough to remove dust and dirt that becomes stuck within the pile of the carpet. However, a professional cleaning service not only makes your carpets look better, it also leads to a healthier work environment. Consider the following benefits of professional carpet cleaning:
- Aside from everyday dust and dirt, professional cleaning will eliminate trapped allergens, pollutants and other odorous particles.
- Professional cleaning is the only way to effectively eliminate carpet mite infestations.
- In areas of your building with high humidity levels, professional carpet cleaning can help to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Carpet Cleaning Methods
Professional carpet cleaners use a variety of methods to help care for your floors. Following are some of the most common methods in use today:
- We specialize in the hot-water extraction method, which is also known as steam cleaning. In this case, water is heated to near boiling point and injected deep into the carpet using a high-pressure hose. The water loosens dirt, while the machine draws away the moisture and debris to leave behind a clean, dry carpet that is also free of bacteria and other organisms.
- Shampooing is the oldest and still one of the most widely used methods of carpet cleaning, but it is not as efficient as steam cleaning. With this method, the carpet must first be thoroughly vacuumed, preferably using a very powerful vacuum cleaner, before a foamy shampoo is applied to the surface. The carpet shampoo is then thoroughly distributed to the surface by way of a rotating brush.
- Dry cleaning uses little or no water to clean the carpet, and while it is generally not as effective as other methods, it is preferred for more fragile carpets, such as those made from hemp, sisal or other natural fibers. A special compound is absorbed into the surface before it is then brushed with a machine. Afterward, a thorough vacuuming will also be required.
Protecting and Maintaining Your Carpet
While we recommend that you have your carpets professionally cleaned on a consistent basis, or even two or three times per year in high-traffic areas of your office spaces, establishing a regular carpet care and maintenance routine will help to keep your floors looking good for longer.
- Always clean spills immediately using suitable cleaning products. If spills are left unattended, they may stain the carpet or cause the pile to get stuck together.
- Vacuum your carpets at least once per week, particularly in high-traffic areas. This will help to prevent soil and other dirt from getting stuck in the pile and becoming difficult to remove later on.
- When trying any new carpet cleaning product, be sure to test it out in an inconspicuous area, just in case it stains the surface. Also, you should generally only apply a minimal amount of the product.
- Move your furniture around occasionally to prevent excessive wear in high-traffic areas and allow areas that have been pressed down to recover.
If your efforts to clean or maintain your carpets are no longer effective, you should seek professional advice as soon as possible, and here at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT, we can take a closer examination of your particular situation and provide the best solution for revitalizing and professionally cleaning your carpets.