Transportation and Aviation Disaster Recovery
Whether it involves a water taxi, a commuter train or a wide-body jetliner, a transportation disaster is a very emotionally charged and complex event where the margin for error is quite small for the operating carrier. Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT provide disaster recovery services to transportation and aviation clients around the world. Utilizing our decades of first-hand experiences, along with best practices, we can help your business from the beginning to the end through planning, response and recovery efforts.
We believe that in order to succeed in this very challenging field, that partnerships grounded in transparency, integrity and trust are required. To meet these ends, we work very closely with each individual client to gain a thorough understanding of their particular needs, create or identify the best solutions and incorporate these into their emergency plans. We do not charge a retainer, and our response agreement is non-exclusive and non-binding. We also provide assistance with training and planning at no additional charge.
We work to build productive relationships through participating in training conferences, as well as exercises that involve non-government organizations, government agencies, clients and other stakeholders on a regular basis. If the worst occurs, we work closely with our client until the job is completed, and focus on doing the compassionate and right thing for all who are involved in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Our services follow best practices set by the industry along with the guidelines and requirements that are set forth in applicable regulations and laws.
- Serve as an industry resource to provide information on challenging or unique situations
- Participate in emergency planning group meetings, conferences, seminars, exercises and drills and training classes
- Assistance with developing training materials and plans
- Sharing information and best practices on emergency response processes
- Develop specific recovery plans and brief relevant parties
- Command center and site coordination with appropriate government agencies and client
- Search, recovery, inventory and control of personal effects
Final site inspection and site survey
- Long-term and short-term storage
- One-year and periodic site inspections
- Personal Effects Care Team (PECT) for returning associated items
- Secure online image catalog to facilitate the identification of items (photo and DVD catalogs are also available)
- Call center to service claims
- Clean, deodorize, and otherwise process recovered items as needed (for instance, drying wet documents)
- Environmental remediation and site clean up
- Remove wreckage and store or dispose of as necessary
- Setting up a temporary morgue near or at the scene in liaison with government or statutory authorities
- Repatriation of remains
- Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) services
- Assistance to families
- Anniversary and memorial services
Integrated Crisis Management
- Administrative support
- IT support including communications and computers
- Mental health support
- Special Assistance Team (Care Team) trainers, members and leaders
- Crisis Managers
- Support personnel at Emergency Operations Center(s) (EOC) and/or at the scene
- Communications supports including telephone conference bridges for remote access and setup of audio/visual at Family Assistance Center
- ID-badging for designating staff, family members and survivors at the Family Assistance Center (FAC) that belong to the vendors, non-government organizations, government agencies and operating carrier
Operational Continuity Support
We fully understand the importance of operational urgency, and having full-capacity restored as soon as possible. Also, our clients have access to extensive repair, restoration and remediation services we provide.
Over 50 customers worldwide – charter firms, corporate aviation departments, airports, airlines and more – rely on Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT for emergency planning, response and recovery support services. We invite you to join us as well!